mugger n : a robber who takes property by threatening or performing violence on the person who is robbed (usually on the street)
- Rhymes: -ʌɡə(r)
Mugging or mugger may refer to:
- A type of street robbery
- Steaming (crime), a variation of this type of robbery
- Model Mugging, a self-defense training technique.
- The Mugger Crocodile, a species native to India, Pakistan, Iran, and Nepal.
- A disparaging term for rote learning.
- "Mr. Clean / Modern Day Mugging", a 2004 single by rapper MF DOOM.
- "Mr. Monk and the Billionaire Mugger", an episode of the TV series Monk.
- "Mugged" (Flight of the Conchords), the third episode of the TV series Flight of the Conchords.
Mafioso, Young Turk, aggressor, assailant, assailer, assaulter, attacker, bank robber, beast, beldam, berserk, berserker, bomber, bookworm, bruiser, brute, bushranger, demon, devil, dragon, failing student, fiend, fire-eater, firebrand, footpad, fury, goon, gorilla, greasy grind, grind, gun, gunsel, hardnose, hatchet man, hell-raiser, hellcat, hellhound, hellion, highway robber, highwayman, hijacker, holdup man, holy terror, hood, hoodlum, hooligan, hothead, hotspur, incendiary, invader, killer, mad dog, madcap, monster, mug, muscle man, overachiever, plug-ugly, raider, rapist, revolutionary, road agent, robber, rodman, roughneck, sandbagger, savage, she-wolf, spitfire, stickup man, strong-arm man, swotter, termagant, terror, terrorist, tiger, tigress, torpedo, tough, tough guy, train robber, trigger man, ugly customer, underachiever, violent, virago, vixen, wild beast, witch, wolf